Our fees cover all of the work required to complete the sale of your property.
WHO DOES THE WORK?
Our conveyancing work is undertaken by any of Janine Heil, Emma Gray, Bonita Kumar Nijran or Sharon Johal, all of whom are Solicitors (click their names for details of the years they each qualified and the experience they can offer). The four of them work together as a team and all conveyancing work is supervised by Janine Heil.
WHAT ARE OUR PRICES?
|property price up to £499,999||£995 plus VAT (£1,194)|
|property price up to £749,999||£1,100 plus VAT (£1,320)|
|property price up to £999,999||£1,400 plus VAT (£1,680)|
|property price up to £1,499,999||£1,600 plus VAT (£1,920)|
|property price up to £1,999,999||£1,800 plus VAT (£2,160)|
|property price over £2,000,000||from £2,200 plus VAT (from £2,640)|
|Online ID verification fee||£10 plus VAT (£12) per person|
|Bank Transfer fee||£39 plus VAT (£46.80)|
|Leasehold supplement fee||£250 plus VAT (£300)|
|Share of Freehold supplement fee||£200 plus VAT (£240)|
|Unregistered land supplement fee||from £150 plus VAT (from £180)|
|Simultaneous exchange & completion||£150 plus VAT (£180)|
WHAT OTHER COSTS ARE THERE?
In addition to our prices, there will always be disbursements (the name given to costs payable to third parties) which would be the same at any firm. Because they are set by the third parties who receive the payments, they may vary but are usually:
- Land Registry fees on checks around the title c.£6-10 (additional costs might be incurred if there are documents referred to in your title deeds which you do not hold copies of)
- Bankruptcy searches £2 (per person)
- on the sale of a leasehold property there will be additional charges for the management company and/or landlord to provide information required by the solicitors for your buyer. Each management company/landlord differ in price but we say to allow approximately £300.00. You can refer to your management company/landlord for exact figures.
WHAT IS THE SALE PROCESS?
No two sales are necessarily the same and much varies (including timescales) depending on the property, its title, any mortgage your buyers are securing and the chain your transaction is part of. In very general terms, the following steps broadly explain the sale process with approximate average timescales (though our approach is always to ensure transactions are as smooth and quick as possible):
- understanding the property and its title, to issue a contract pack to your buyer: 0-2 weeks
- exchange of contracts: 0-8 weeks (much will depend here on your buyer and the enquiries they raise)
- Note: on exchange of contracts you fix a completion date, so completion takes place on that agreed date, usually within 2 weeks of exchange (so, 8-10 weeks)
- securing confirmation of the redemption of any mortgage after completion: 10-13 weeks
WHAT ARE THE DISCLAIMERS?
The above pricings would be based on a matter proceeding without undue difficulties or defective/unregistered titles, proceeding in the normal timescales for transactions and without excessive correspondence or telephone calls.
If an Indemnity Policy were required, then in addition to the insurance premium itself we would make a charge for advising on and arranging it of £50 plus VAT.
Return to the start: Our Prices